Hackers using Yahoo Messenger for phishing Facebook

Now this is interesting hackers are using Yahoo Messenger for phishing Face book. The story is explained below, how they are spamming the phishing links to the yahoo messenger users and redirected them to the face book account to hack there accounts.

A research engineer in CA's Internet Security Business Unit, reports a new phishing campaign that circulates on Yahoo! Messenger and is instrumented with the help of hijacked accounts.



Researcher continues saying that “While using YM recently I received new IM Spam from my one [sic.] of my friends. Just by the look of it I could tell that it was most likely a malware related IM Spammed Message. Following spammed link hxxp://priv{REMOVED}deo.com/live lead me to a fake Facebook Login webpage. If I had entered my Username and Password and clicked login button, my details would’ve been sent to remote server hxxp://priv{REMOVED}deo.com/live/logs.php via HTTP POST. I would then’ve been redirected to a Youtube website, which seems to be legitimate.



Watch out for these spam messages and protect your yahoo messenger and facebook account from hackers.
 

1 comment:

Aleena jones said...

This is an Amazing post I have Ever Seen on any site Especially the tips you told are mind Blowing.


Get tips and tricks on Learning Itechnology